Job Advice (40)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone need an apprentice?

Hello all!My name is Agatha and I'm just starting to get into letterpress. I'm currently taking classes at Lill Street and really love it.…

Started by Agatha Budys

0 Oct 5, 2010

Tips for "green" letterpressing?

Hello all - I am new to letterpress and would like to start off on a "green" foot. I would like to inquire about any tips you all have rega…

Started by The Dark Stamper

5 Aug 25, 2010
Reply by Kristin Loganbill

Postcard exchange - paper suggestions?

Hello! This is a question for anyone participating in the postcard swap: What paper are you using? I see from the USPS specs that postcard…

Started by Karen Dufour

0 Jul 30, 2010

Non toxic wash

I purchased years ago a great non toxic wash for my press, and I'm nearing the end of 10L jug. I can replace it but I would like to avoid b…

Started by Ink Petals Press

0 Jul 20, 2010

Plate walk

Hello all,      Has anyone had their PP plate move on the base as they have been printing? I am assumming, that this could be more of a pro…

Started by Camille Robin

3 Jul 5, 2010
Reply by cleanwash letterpress

Hire A Printer

3" thick printed band of color - linoleum block??

Hello!I need to print a 3" thick band of color for a client.  In the past I've only printed with set type or polymer plates and I'm not sur…

Started by Shayna Norwood

1 Jun 1, 2010
Reply by Jessica C. White

Can anyone use a Newby?

Hello all my fellow press ladies :D I am a recent graduate of Harding University in Arkansas. I moved up north, Ohio, to begin a career in…

Started by Elizabeth Johnson

0 May 5, 2010

Envelope Liners

Hi! I'm new to envelope liners. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do if you can't find the exact paper you need for an envelope…

Started by Keetgi Kogan Steinberg

1 Apr 26, 2010
Reply by Aileen Aquino

Trimming with Crop Marks

I feel dumb asking this, but what is the proper way to trim something with crop marks?I know if I'm doing something on a rotary cutter and…

Started by Lorene Voskinarian

0 Feb 26, 2010

Vandercook No. 17

anyone ever printed on a really old Vandercook in the No. 17 family? i really want to be able to print larger and have found one of these f…

Started by allison bozeman

2 Nov 27, 2009
Reply by allison bozeman

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

LetterpressConference.co

LoLP Book + Shirts + More

Videos

• Add Videos

Badge