All Discussions Tagged 'type' (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Buying type

I'm looking to build my type collection. I was wondering where everyone usually finds their type cases (aside from ebay)?

Started by Stefanie Wolfson

6 Nov 16
Reply by Laura Pugh

@ Symbol Set of 10 • Serif and Sans Serif

I purchased a large quantity of At @ symbols in Serif and Sans Serif in 6pt - 12pt sizes and have more than I need. They are not for resale…

Started by Phi Design

4 Aug 26
Reply by Phi Design

Pregnancy and lead type?

Hi ladies, I'm faced with the simultaneous task of growing my letterpress business and planning to start a family. I know that it's best t…

Started by Elana S.

5 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Art Noose

Does stripping and refinishing a 100 year old type chest ruin it's value?

I bought a 100+ year old printer's type cabinet (Hamilton Manufacturing) that came out of a print shop. It was bought new for that print sh…

Started by Debbie Karnes

2 Aug 3, 2013
Reply by Amelia Fontanel

What to do with type and identification?

I bought a press that also came with a large amount of type.  Some of it is labeled and other not.  I'm starting to go through it now and a…

Started by Sonja G. Rossow

7 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by David L. Kent

Metal Type in Institutions of Higher Learning

Hello Ladies! I received a call from a local college who is catching some heat from new administration about the metal type they have in t…

Started by Sara R Parr

2 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by David L. Kent

Hire A Printer

Wanted - CABINET for California job cases

I recently acquired some type and need somewhere to put it. Does anyone have a job case for sale? Or know where I can find one?  I'm in the…

Started by Shayna Norwood

2 Mar 13, 2013
Reply by Shayna Norwood

Selling off a bunch of letterpress items... I have to move and have too much "stuff"!

Moving overseas and selling off things that I don’t want to store…. 5- california case type drawers, solid wood w/ original green paint, br…

Started by Jamie Garrison

2 Jan 8, 2013
Reply by Janina Hobday

Type high linoleum blocks

After years of building up linoleum blocks to type high with boards and paper, I've discovered that Graphic Chemical & Ink sells them a…

Started by Jessica C. White

11 Nov 11, 2012
Reply by Val Lucas

Hamilton Type Cabinet w/Type for Sale or Donating

Hi, LoL! I have a metal 24-drawer Hamilton type cabinet full of lead type. However, I print almost exclusively with photopolymer plates. I…

Started by Wanda Lau

8 Oct 3, 2012
Reply by Wanda Lau

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

LetterpressConference.com

Videos

• Add Videos

LoLP Shirts + More

• " alt="" />