Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    7 years, 4 months ago
    Below is forwarded from Jessica Peterson of The Southern Letterpress!
    ATTENTION ALL PRINTERS EVERYWHERE! 

Let?s celebrate the Freedom of the Press during the week of Thanksgiving 2016! 

Printers gotta print when things go bad. Let?s do some simple printing to answer the internal need to DO SOMETHING in response to the Trump presidency. Let?s get some other folks involved, and flood social media with purposeful images of ink on paper, organized around one hashtag: #freedomofthepress. 

How to participate:
    During the week of 11/20 to 11/27*:
    1. Invite at least one person to help you print something in response to the Trump presidency. No need to be complex in design or form. No need to use fancy paper.
    2. Print and distribute what you print.
    3. Post images of your print on the social media platform(s) of your choice with the hashtag #freedomofthepress. If you want, include info about your printing event, and your print method.
    4. Optional: send 5 copies of your print with your printing method, info about your print event, and contact info to Jessica Peterson c/o The Southern Letterpress, 3700 St. Claude Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117. Five portfolios will be compiled, and offered to Vamp and Tramp Booksellers to sell. Prior to sale, portfolio participants will vote on where the money from the sales should go (preliminary possibilities include the ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center, etc., but please send suggestions!)
    * You can do all of this before and after the suggested dates. If you?ve already done your printing, just post the images! 
    Please help me get the word out, and forward to all printers you know!
    Remember, freedom of the press is guaranteed to those who own one. (or have access to one).

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    7 years, 4 months ago

Thank you Kseniya for posting this.

I believe that Jessica Peterson has a wonderful idea of #freedomofthepress 

December 15, 1791 is the date the First Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified. 

The first ten amendments were adopted and ratified simultaneously and are known collectively as the Bill of Rights.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I will be sending my printed pieces to Jessica Peterson for the portfolio and I encourage you all to do so too!

It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you are on…the grass always looks greener on the other side; except for there are more rocks on that side

Susan Carter Morgan
    Participant
    @susancartermorgan
    7 years, 4 months ago

Mine is up! https://www.instagram.com/p/BNFWnyLBYly

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    7 years, 4 months ago

Excellent Susan!

Susan Carter Morgan
    Participant
    @susancartermorgan
    7 years, 4 months ago

🙂 Thanks, Kseniya…

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    7 years, 4 months ago

Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.
    Thomas Jefferson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.