Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Kristina Hopkins
    Participant
    @kristinahopkins
    13 years, 2 months ago

Hi Ladies!

I’m wrapping up an invitation design right now where the bride wants to use a blind impression with just a hint of silver to it to make a swirl design stand out just a touch. I think I’ve read somewhere that people will print this with just a white ink to give it a little bit of contrast…I’m wondering what the best way to go about this is? And will adding a bit of silver ink give me a touch of silver to the printing?

I have rubber-based ink, the premium ink starter pack from boxcar, which includes the following:

Red (023); Pantone Black (mixing black); Blue (072); Green; Transparent White (mixing white); Orange (021); Process Blue; Purple; Reflex Blue; Rhodamine Red; Rubine Red; Violet; Warm Red; Yellow; 871 Gold, 874 Gold, and 877 Silver; Printing Black; Opaque White (printing white).

Which white do I mix with the silver to get the results I’m looking for? Can you do this, in the future, with other colors, besides silver? Like, if I wanted to have a hint of pink to a blind impression, could I add just a bit of red?

Thanks in advance for your help!! =)

Kristina

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    13 years, 2 months ago

Transparent white + enough silver to make it visible will work–the ink will look more silver than it will print, so you can test saturation on the press. You can definitely mix transparent white with anything, especially if you’re printing plaids, or something, and want to see the color made by overprinting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.