Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Taylor
    Participant
    @Taylorr
    4 years, 7 months ago

Hello all, I’m a newbie when it comes to hot foil stamping. I’ve recently got into bookbinding and have advanced to foil stamping. I picked up a kingsley m50 two line machine w/single, two, and three line 18pt holders locally for a fair price. I’m realizing this machine has limitations and a Howard pearsonalizer probably would have been a better choice. But at this point in this small business adventure, I’m not ready to invest that much into it.

I’m wondering if there are ways I can maximize this machines potential. As far as type goes, aside from the groves that the kingsley type has, are the Howard types identical in size? I have holders without the groves in the fillers so they are not necessary. I’m wondering if I can run them in my holders or any of the other types that may be available. I’m also wondering about the ability to run a dual line 24pt type. I believe this can be done with a 72pt box holder and custom fillers, is there another way? I have found this option available to me for around $80 for the holder and $100 for custom made fillers. Then there’s the cost of a 24pt type set as well.

I really only need the dual line 24pt type for two words in a dual line setup to reduce room for error. Is a custom stamp a possibility? One they could be run in one of my holders? Where could I one made? That’s all I have in my mind for now. Anyone that has experience with this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.