Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Michelle Noakes
    Participant
    @michellenoakes
    7 years, 7 months ago

Hi,

I am trying to purchase my very first letterpress and have been looking for a Golding Pearl #11 but have been having an impossible time trying to find one. I know they are hard to come by but does anyone have any advice/connections to point me in the right direction? I am very comfortable printing on a C&P but I would need something smaller so it will fit in my house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michelle

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    7 years, 7 months ago

I might have a lead for you; if you email me I’ll send you the info!

Lily J. Farina
    Participant
    @lilyjfarina
    7 years, 6 months ago

Hi Michelle! 

I was looking for a Golding Pearl for similar reasons earlier this year, but ended up with a C&P Pilot. One person who was really helpful in guiding me was John Falstrom of  Perrenial Designs. http://www.perennialdesigns.net/ He restores Golding machines and had a lot of valuable advice about Goldings and the quality of other machines that I was considering. Since Goldings were manufactured in New England, you’ll find the highest concentration of them there. However, I’ve seen a few postings recently on the Briarpress Classifieds section of Goldings and machines that have similar narrow profiles. Hope this helps! 

Lily

Michelle Noakes
    Participant
    @michellenoakes
    7 years, 6 months ago

Hi Lily,

Thanks for your advice, suggestions and connections! I actually was able to find a Golding Pearl here on the west coast from Mark Barbour. If all goes as planned I should be getting it at the beginning of October!

Mike Tyer
    Participant
    @miketyer
    7 years, 6 months ago

Hi Michelle,

This is a ways for you, it’s in Iowa but there is a Golding Pearl No 11 that needs some love it looks like  on this Craigslist page. 

http://dubuque.craigslist.org/atq/5786276041.html

I have a Golding Pearl No 3 (7×11). I’ve found it to be a nice starter press. You might look for one of those as well.

Good luck. Happy printing! 

Mike

Michelle Noakes
    Participant
    @michellenoakes
    7 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for your advice and suggestions Mike! It’s so great to be a part of such a well connected community. I was actually able to find a Golding Pearl #11 on the west coast from Mark Barbour and should be getting it the beginning of October!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.