Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Jodi McComb
    Participant
    @jodimccomb
    13 years, 7 months ago

Hey Ladies!
    I was contacted by a client that wants custom bookplates.  I have never done these before and was wondering how I make them sticky on the back so they can just place them right in their book? 
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jodi

Elizabeth Bardwell
    Participant
    @elizabethbardwell
    13 years, 7 months ago

Hey there Jodi! Try running the after printed goodies through a xyron machine– you know, those sticker maker kinds?http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=xyron&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=PR6aTJ6VD4WClAexyJ2EAQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CF4QrQQwAg I google searched them there.I use this all the time– it makes the back of the printed goodies sticky without smooshing the paper, {technical terminology} so you don’t loose the printed goodness.Good luck!!

Jodi McComb
    Participant
    @jodimccomb
    13 years, 7 months ago

Hey Elizabeth!Thanks so much!!! I hope this isn’t too difficult to use.I have another question….Do you know where can I find paper that will stick to the sticky side of the paper…but not get stuck so that I can package these without them gluing to each other???much appreciated,Jodi

Elizabeth Bardwell
    Participant
    @elizabethbardwell
    13 years, 7 months ago

Oh no, Jodi– it’s SUPER easy!! :)I have the 5inch one. Grab yourself some online 40% off coupons from Michaels {or ACMoore} and purchase 1 with the PERMANENT adhesive cartridge {use another 40% off coupon here since I think they’re like $45?}.Heres a youtube video of some chicks using it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdI3_P76yEkOnce you make them sticky on the back, you can trim them down right on the sticky paper to make them ‘show perfect’ for your client….this probably isn’t the most cost effective way to do it, but for small quantities of bookplates, this is a good way to go. Quantities of 1000, maybe not…Good luck, hun! Let us see how they turned out when you’ve printed!

kelly mcmahon
    Participant
    @kellymcmahon
    13 years, 7 months ago

Jodi,If your client doesn’t want a super-thick printmaking paper, there’s also the option of already-sticky paper. Neenah and Mohawk make a label stock in several lines.Cheers!Kelly

Jodi McComb
    Participant
    @jodimccomb
    13 years, 7 months ago

thanks!…most helpful!!!

Jodi McComb
    Participant
    @jodimccomb
    13 years, 7 months ago

Thanks Kelly….I’m not sure what thickness she wants..she only specified she wanted 100% cotton…so I will look into it! You guys are the best 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.