Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Hollis Fouts
    Participant
    @hollisfouts
    12 years, 9 months ago

Hello all,

I want to get some sturdy chipboard that will run through a Vandercook. This would be for small posters, postcards, etc. I don’t want any thin, cheap, flimsy stuff – but not as thick as coasters.  Does anyone know what weight/thickness that would be and a good supplier?  Many thanks and see you at the Conference!!

Muslamb Press
    Participant
    @muslambpress
    12 years, 9 months ago

I picked a whole box  of 8.5×11 chipboard some time back at Xpedex for a reasonable price. That might be an option if you have one of them in your neck of the woods:)

Kelly – Paper Stories
    Participant
    @kelly-paperstories
    12 years, 6 months ago

I usually get it nearby at Dick Blick art supply.  Xpedx too.  Or even check Uline.com   The 14pt is probably what you want.  Anything thicker is a bitch to turn through the press.

chris
    Participant
    @chris1
    12 years, 6 months ago

I know I’m a few months late on this, but maybe check with local photographers, especially ones who would turn over a high number of prints…

My dad owns a studio and does a lot of portraiture and sports photos so he has a constant stream of prints coming in from his lab. When he picks up the prints, they come sandwiched between chipboard to keep them from getting banged up. He used to just give the chipboard back to the lab to reuse but has been keeping about a ream’s worth on hand for me for whenever I need it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.