Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Allie Peach
    Participant
    @alliepeach
    12 years, 8 months ago

Ok, please don’t yell at me. I’m already ready to shoot myself for doing this…

I printed something RIGHT before leaving for vacation last Thursday and completely forgot to clean my press before I left! AHHH! I came home from vacation only to realize that black ink (that has dryer in it) had been sitting on the platen and the rollers the whole week.

What do I do??? Somebody please help!

Samantha Urbanick
    Participant
    @samanthaurbanick
    12 years, 8 months ago

Ah, I did that once. Cleaned the rollers, forgot the disc. It’s okay! We’re human. Your press forgives you.

I clean the rollers and disc on my Pilot with Crisco, believe it or not. Get a big hunk of it (1/4 cup?) and rub it into the ink with a cloth until it loosens up. It’s going to take a while, but it should work. Once the ink is loosened, Mineral Spirits work really for the final step to get all the ink off.

When this happened to me, there were a few small patches that I could not budge from the disc. I used (with great hesitation) steel wool to get them off. Shockingly, it did not scratch the disc at all and got the ink right off. I used a light hand though, and would NOT recommend using it for large areas.

Good luck!

Samantha

Allie Peach
    Participant
    @alliepeach
    12 years, 8 months ago

Thank you so much, Samantha! You are a saint.

I’m going to try the Crisco!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.