Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Kathryn Hunter
    Participant
    @kathrynhunter
    14 years ago

so even when I might think it is a waste of plastic, I know I have to offer some kind of clear bags for card sets etc. Retail shops like them to protect the cards from getting dirty etc.. So I ordered the Biodegradable Clearbags, from Clearbags (I have ordered and used them before), and I left them in the car for a day accidentally. They are now crinkle bags and ruined. And though it’s spring here, it’s wasn’t over 80 outside (inside the car was obviously hotter).
    Anybody had this happen? What do you use? Anybody had trouble with the bags when shipped to a customer?

thanks
    kathryn

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    14 years ago

This is good to know–I was about to order some myself! but not if I have to pack them in ice . . .

Kathryn Hunter
    Participant
    @kathrynhunter
    14 years ago

i know, but i think i’m going to buy more. i just hate the thought of trying to be eco-friendly and buying the regular plastic bags. they will for sure be thrown away. oh, but that is my own issue. i think i am going to put a set of cards in one of the bags and put it in my car today and see what happens. i’ll report back.

Kathryn Hunter
    Participant
    @kathrynhunter
    14 years ago

so, i left a set of cards in one of the ecobags in the car for a couple of days and it seems to be fine. maybe it’s just when the bags are stacked together? i don’t know. i actually ordered the dang things again but may regret it. 😉

Jen Starshaped
    Participant
    @jenstarshaped
    14 years ago

Hello,I’ve used these and found them wanting, but not for the problem you mentioned. I think they’re very frail and break easily, even when you’re inserting cards. And the ones I’ve used can’t be resealed if you have to reopen the card for any reason. Annoying! A great idea, but they just don’t seem up to snuff yet.

Maia de Raat
    Participant
    @maiaderaat
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear about your disaster. Oh hot sunny days at outdoor fairs I’ve had some wrinkling / sagging with my clear bags and they were the standard not biodegradable kind. (Also my lino cut cards which have a lot of ink on them sweat!) I think Swan Island Press may not send out their cards in bags, atleast they seem to be displayed without them.

Kristin Loganbill
    Participant
    @kristinloganbill
    13 years, 12 months ago

I also found (like Jen Starshaped) that they tear easily and tear when you try to open them. My sales rep also told me that they turn yellow over time (hopefully they get sold quickly enough….). But I switched back to the other bags because of those reasons and am still looking for a more eco-friendly packaging. I would love to use glassine, but haven’t found the correct sizes.

Catherine Johnson
    Participant
    @catherinejohnson
    13 years, 9 months ago

Have you thought about using paper bags for your cards?I know it’s no good for display, but when shipping, you could pop the card in a re-cycled paper bag that’s breathable, will protect the card and won’t shrivel in the sun!I also use a seperate set of display cards for stalls and take orders for delivery at a later date. Sell them at a slightly lower price from the stall to make up for wear and tear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.