Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    14 years ago

I went yesterday to purchase California Wash to use on my composition rollers.  The guy at the store said “OH Letterpress–You need this- CA Wash Ultra.  It’s just for you Letterpress folks.”

Has anyone heard of it??

Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    13 years, 12 months ago

I’m going to reply to my own post here, because I actually found the answer on my own today.I called the company — what I learned is that although the thing the guy sold me was called CA Ultra–and refered to as California Ultra–it is not California wash, and not made by Varn. It is not water miscible.Maybe this seems obvious–but since I asked the question I thought I would follow up with the answer.

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    13 years, 12 months ago

How does Ultra smell? I ask because I think I’m at the end of being able to use California Wash–I can’t stand the odor any more! Someone here wrote once about using alcohol instead . . . we use Crisco for the final wash of the day, but could use something less obnoxious for color changes.

Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    13 years, 12 months ago

I don’t know about the smell. I never even opened it.

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    13 years, 12 months ago

O, you didn’t wind up buying the Ultra Wash?

Rachael Hetzel
    Participant
    @rachaelhetzel
    13 years, 12 months ago

I LOVE the Mild Citrus Thinner from Eco-House. It cleans and degreases really well and actually smells good. They also have an almost completely odorless thinner. It’s certainly pricey, but I can’t stand to use anything else.http://www.eco-house.com/citrus_thinner115.html

Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    13 years, 12 months ago

I returned it without ever opening it.

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    13 years, 11 months ago

Do you use Mild Citrus Thinner between colors, or just at the end of the day?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.