Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Kristina Hopkins
    Participant
    @kristinahopkins
    13 years, 1 month ago

Hi Kseniya & Jessica,

I’m working the numbers to see if I can make the trip to Asheville for the conference, and I was wondering (and I thought maybe others might be too, that’s why I’ve posted the topic here), do you know what time things will kick off on Friday? Should we expect to have an early start to the day, or will things start later in the evening? Trying to figure out of I should be there Thursday evening or if I could possibly come into town on Friday morning.

Thanks for your help! =)

Kristina

Jessica C. White
    Participant
    @jessicacwhite
    13 years, 1 month ago

Hey Kristina,

We’re thinking of starting registration at 10am on Friday morning, but the first event will be at 1:30pm. We’re also thinking of asking volunteers to meet on Thursday (probably early afternoon), to get things going smoothly, if you were thinking of volunteering.

Jessica

Marijane Curry
    Participant
    @marijanecurry
    13 years, 1 month ago

I am also in the process of trying to a book a room, air fare to this fabulous convention.

I was wondering if there is going to be a preferred hotel, and how long the discussions will last on Sunday. Is it better to book a return on the following Monday.

Marijane

Butterfly Free Letterpress

Jessica C. White
    Participant
    @jessicacwhite
    13 years, 1 month ago

Hi Marijane,

You should wait just a little longer to book a room – we will have hotel info up on our site in about a week or two, with special conference rates!

Official conference scheduling ends on Sunday around noon, with special treats for anyone staying a little later – not yet confirmed, but possible another tour of a print facility, or movie screening. We’re also planning a conference committee meeting for anyone interested in helping out on future conferences – again, not confirmed, but likely to be scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

Marijane Curry
    Participant
    @marijanecurry
    13 years, 1 month ago

Thanks that helps a lot.

Marijane

Denise Newberry
    Participant
    @denisenewberry
    13 years, 1 month ago

I am really interested in volunteering but would like some details on what might be available if I make the trip from Colorado! Thanks. ~Denise

denise@CabinPressStudio.com

Marijane Curry
    Participant
    @marijanecurry
    13 years ago

Just checking to see if there is a hotel yet for the conference.  Air fares seem to be rising quidkly.

thanks

Jessica C. White
    Participant
    @jessicacwhite
    13 years ago

Yes! We have a block of rooms reserved at the hotel at a special conference rate. We’ve listed it at the conference website here: http://www.loflcon.com/location/.

Denise Newberry
    Participant
    @denisenewberry
    13 years ago

anyone interested in sharing a room please contact me! Thanks

Stephanie Schwinn
    Participant
    @stephanieschwinn
    13 years ago

I’ll need a roommate ~  MWF easy to get along with!  😉

Stephanie

Denise Newberry
    Participant
    @denisenewberry
    13 years ago

Stephanie,

Please email me!

denise@CabinPressStudio.com

I look forward to taking to you.

Rhonda Warren
    Participant
    @rhondawarren
    12 years, 8 months ago

Is there a complete schedule of when each speaker and demo will be taking place.

Trying to make plans, but may not be able to make it for the whole conference.

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    12 years, 8 months ago

There is, and we’ll be posting it asap–definitely before early bird registration is past.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.