Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Jessica Molnar
    Participant
    @jessicamolnar
    12 years, 9 months ago

Hi everyone,

For those of you who do custom wedding invitations, do you have clients sign a contract?  If so, what do you include in your terms?  Up until now, I’ve been doing work for friends so it hasn’t been an issue.

Thanks!

Jessica

Jessica C. White
    Participant
    @jessicacwhite
    12 years, 9 months ago

I don’t have a contract, but I send them an invoice and ask for a 50% deposit up front. The remaining 50% is due upon receiving the finished work, net 30. My invoice is based on a Microsoft invoice template in Word, but personalized with my logo, contact info, etc. I haven’t had any problems with getting paid yet, but I haven’t been doing this as long as some others here. Hope this helps!

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    12 years, 9 months ago

I do the same, but I require the balance to be paid before the job ships.

Angela R. Stewart
    Participant
    @angelarstewart
    12 years, 9 months ago

I do have a contract but I find its hard to use when clients buy on ETSY. Does anyone have any advice on how to make that all work seamless?

Jessica Molnar
    Participant
    @jessicamolnar
    12 years, 9 months ago

I was just thinking about that too.  Maybe for etsy, it’s best to let customers buy samples through the site, but then convo you for custom orders and proceed off of etsy? Or you could incorporate all of the points that are made in your contract into your etsy shop policies, and make sure the client reads that first?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.