Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Dahlia Press
    Participant
    @dahliapress
    13 years, 9 months ago

Hi Ladies,
    I’m looking to purchase a dependable corner rounder to use with Crane Lettra. It seems as if every rounder I try either eats up the paper, or leaves grease marks on it. Has anyone had success with their corner rounder and if so, where did you find it?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    @
    13 years, 9 months ago

Hi there, I find myself in the same boat. Up til now I have only used hand-punches, without good results on any stock, really. I have tried several different brands. I am considering investing in a Lassco CR-20 Cornerounder Corner Cutter, which I have seen for as low as $89 on ebay and other sites. Apparently you can purchase dies with different corner radiuses, which is cool. I’d love to know if anyone on here would vouch for its reliability or recommend a different one before purchasing?

cleanwash letterpress
    Participant
    @cleanwashletterpress
    13 years, 9 months ago

I have a Lassco 50B. It has a wood base and is much sturdier than the CR20’s I have used. It works fine (not any better or worse). Nothing beats a die when it comes to corner rounding!! I am starting to build a library of rounded corner dies in standard sizes. Takes less time and is a lot easier on my carpal tunnel!

Angela R. Stewart
    Participant
    @angelarstewart
    12 years, 10 months ago

I have a lassco cr20, I bought it used from a local company that upgraded to a powered model and got the dies on ebay. It seems to work well! Better if you do smaller stacks though.

Denise Newberry
    Participant
    @denisenewberry
    12 years, 10 months ago

I too have the Lassco cr20 and simply LOVE it. My workshop participants go crazy rounding corners when they realize it takes many sheets of Lettra and so smooth. I also used hand punches, that I even tried using my foot to “round” Lettra 220…. ha, ha, ha, it was not a fun experience!
    Good Luck

davina farinola
    Participant
    @davinafarinola
    12 years, 10 months ago

Am thinking of getting an ADI corner cutter. Anyone used these?

Sarah Ridgley
    Participant
    @sarahridgley
    11 years, 9 months ago

I have the same problems, and I have the fancy Lassco corner rounder. It always gets grease on the edge of my paper. Has anyone got tips for avoiding this??

Angela R. Stewart
    Participant
    @angelarstewart
    11 years, 9 months ago

I think you need to clean the grease off the die, it must be over greased or something — I never get grease on my cut corners with my lasco. 

I did learn however its not good if you drop a die — one of mine fell off a shelf, took me a day to get put back together, still works but what a pain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.