Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Dee
    Participant
    @christendeecutrona
    5 years, 8 months ago

I’m moving my studio and don’t have room to keep my press.

Asking: $4500.00

Includes original adjustable form clamp to adjust for longer or shorter forms.
    Motorized inking system. The bed moves back and forth as the cylinder rotates so the press operator stays stationary.

Email me for images at info@maudepress.com

SPECS:
    Maximum Form Size: 14 1/2″ x 23 1/2″
    Maximum Sheet Size: 15″ x 24″
    Bed Size: 15 1/4″ x 26″
    Net Weight: 1160 lbs.
    Floor Space, Bed Extended: 31″ x 86″
    Floor Space, Bed Centered: 31″ x 53″

Buyer is responsible for handling all moving/freight charges. We can make recommendations for movers and mechanics. We are also able to move the press out of the studio for easier access/pickup.

Sara Maltzman
    Participant
    @Sara
    5 years, 6 months ago

Hi Dee! I’m sorry to bug you with a question rather than an offer to buy your press (I hope it sold, by the way!!!!) but I thought maybe you could help me. I posted the question on the LOL forum a couple days ago, but no one’s responded; because my new press is sort of similar to yours, I am hoping you might please be able to assist (and again, sorry that I cannot buy your press and I hope it’s already sold!!)
    I just purchased Challenge cylinder proofing press 1425-E; it’s different from yours in important ways because it is not motorized so the plate is inked by hand and the roller is handcranked over the bed. Also the dimensions are different: my press:
    Bed Size: 14 1/2 x 25 in
    Form Size: 13 1/2 x 25 in

My question: press bed is galley high; I assume yours is, too. I was told I needed to put sheet metal, 50/1000 thick, to raise to type high BUT I don’t know what dimensions to use for cutting the piece. Are you able to offer any advice? Thanks, in advance, if you are able to take the time to assist!!
    Sara

Dee
    Participant
    @christendeecutrona
    5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Sara!

I’m so sorry–I’m just seeing your question :\ I don’t get over here that often.

I’m assuming that you figured out your question, but honestly, I would cut the sheet
    metal as close to your bed as possible–I think–so your furniture, bases, etc…can be
    nice and flush.

Still haven’t sold my press–hoping I will soon. If you know anyone, direct them my way 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving and Press On!
    Dee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.