make / manufacturer: Chandler & Price
model name / number: Pilot 6.5 x 10
Selling as a set.
Old Style Chandler & Price 6.5 x 10″ press. It pre-dates C&P serial numbers; manufactured Cir. 1880-1910. In good working order and has been stored at my studio high and dry. I’m a artist that purchased this on a fabulous whim a few years ago and enjoyed restoring it. I specifically chose not to repaint it; she is clean and well oiled.
It deserves a studio or letterpress hobbyist who wants the durability and legendary quality of a C&;P.
I replaced the rollers, trucks, roller springs, and the chase (which was missing when I purchased it). I took off a century of gunky motor oil and rust. Based on the condition when I purchased it, it may have been used in a school to teach letterpress.
What you’ll get:
– An 6.5 x 10″ Old Style C&P press
– New rollers
– New roller trucks
– Hi-speed quoin key and 2 quoins
– Furniture and Reglets
– Type High gauge
– Pica ruler
– 20 compete sets of type/font
– Six 7.5 x 15.5″ California job cases – no cabinet
– Five 16.5 x 21.75″ California job cases – no cabinet
– Eight 16.5 x 32.5 California job cases – no cabinet
– 3 brand new books on letterpress: “Letterpress Printing” by Paul Maravelas, “General Printing” by Cleeton,
Pitkin and Cornwell, and “A 21st-century guide to the Leterpress Business ” by Marty Brown (which has
some practical tips on tweaking the platen height and general press maintenance).