Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • davina farinola
    Participant
    @davinafarinola
    13 years, 2 months ago

Have a Golding Pearl #3 that has a wobble/hiccup and tiny clunk at full compression. It doesn’t move or make a sound with nothing in the chase. Obviously there is some play in a joint somewhere and considering her age, its excusable, it doesn’t seem to effect printing but is there anything in particular I should look out for?

Kristina Hopkins
    Participant
    @kristinahopkins
    13 years, 2 months ago

i’m interested in hearing what folks say about this…i have a golding jobber #6 that does a little shudder when i have her up and running…i’ve always noticed it but never thought much of it. i hope it’s not a serious issue! i haven’t been printing at all on my press, but i’d like to get it worked out before i get into printing with it…great question, davina! 🙂

davina farinola
    Participant
    @davinafarinola
    13 years, 2 months ago

I think Ill post it on the new Perl lstserv which looks quite informative.<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PearlRestor/&gt;;

Glad someone else has the same kind of problem.  Am reading alot about the platen adjustment so will try an work it out although I’m pretty sure its worn somewhere and because there are so many leavers and doo dads that connect to each other its difficult to work out which specific piece is creating the worry.

davina farinola
    Participant
    @davinafarinola
    13 years, 1 month ago

Re the wobble… seems like Im stressing the poor thing out too much.  Am not sure if you are a member of the Pearl restor listserve http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PearlRestor, but they have offered a few good bits of advice. Mainly regarding the % of the chase you should expect to print (apparently no more than 1/8 of the size of the chase (that is in solid ink) but you could spread this over the entire chase if it was under around 1/8 in solid – if that makes sense)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.