Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Kristin Loganbill
    Participant
    @kristinloganbill
    14 years, 1 month ago

I was wondering if anyone has tried Caligo ink – it’s oil based, but cleans up with soap and water….  I am planning on trying it, but was hoping for some feedback first.
    Thanks!

(http://www.caligoinks.com  in case you want to read about them)

Catherine Johnson
    Participant
    @catherinejohnson
    13 years, 9 months ago

Hi,I know this was posted a while back, but would like to ask the same question. I think I’ll grab a tub and try it out…

Kristin Loganbill
    Participant
    @kristinloganbill
    13 years, 8 months ago

I did finally try them and they are great! The clean-up with soap and water is amazing and fast and doesn’t stink.Did you end up trying them out, Catherine?

Margot Cudmore
    Participant
    @margotcudmore
    13 years, 8 months ago

we LOVE it at Pomegranate Letterpress + Design! It fits perfectly with our attempts at being as eco-friendly as possible. It is very low VOC and washes up with dish soap and water. Really, it does.On press, it is slightly less opaque than rubber inks and we take that into account when designing. It also does not stay open as long as rubber inks – you can’t leave the press inked overnight expect to print the next day. Right now we are experimenting with their CMYK inks to see how they blend on press.Really can’t say enough good things about them – they even stopped by our shop to visit us when they were looking to expand their distribution.

Lynn Allison Starun
    Participant
    @lynnallisonstarun
    10 years, 8 months ago

Hi,

I’ve used Caligo for letterpress printing and for doing a sort of poster large print with linoleum blocks mixed with type.  It worked well straight out of the tube.  We were doing a hands on demo for children and the clean up was so easy.  I like baby wipes for when there’s no sink handy.  I’ve also used it adding a little magnesium carbonate to stiffen it.  

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.