Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Sharon
    Participant
    @sharon
    10 years, 7 months ago

Hello Everyone, I’m new here am based in Adelaide, South Australia. Im excited to be apart of the letterpress community. I’ve been printing for a little while, and I have so many questions, (it feels like I’m in a little country town where people look at me weird wanting to print on old machines, there’s not many help where I live) I’m unsure of what quality is “good enough” for letterpress wedding invitations, some clients want a real deep impression, and I’m frightened that that may strain my press too much. I’ve spoken to some people about it but they were “old School” with the kiss impression. At the moment I’m using a 1928 C&P.

Another issue I have it the taping of the rails. I was told to use masking tape, and every job I seem to be “creatively” taping and untaping when there is too much inking or not enough as I print. I’ve wasted sooo much paper just for a small job.

Sorry for the million questions. I appreciate any bit of help. Sharon

Bill Hannegan
    Participant
    @billhannegan
    10 years, 7 months ago

I share your concern about doing deep impression work on a C+P. How much pressure is too much for the press?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.