Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Lily J. Farina
    Participant
    @lilyjfarina
    6 years, 7 months ago

Wondering if anyone has experience with a wide selection of papers? I’ve read that papers with tighter formations / fiber structure lends itself to a more crisp impression, whereas cotton paper like Lettra will give you a softer look. I’ve worked with Lettra but am looking for something crisper. Any recommendations? Having trouble finding much detailed reading on this. Printing on a C&P Pilot. I’ve tried using more / harder packing but it’s not really doing the trick for me. 

Ash Flinn
    Participant
    @ashleyflinn
    6 years ago

I’ve printed on a wide variety of papers. I also have a C&P Pilot, and almost always print with dampened paper. I find that French Paper Co. Muscletone paper prints much more crisply than Lettra, and I use those as my stock paper (many wedding clients go with the Lettra because of the softness, but almost all my greeting cards are on the Muscletone). Mohawk’s new Letterpress paper (I think it’s a version of Strathmore?) also prints pretty crisply, but the surface has more tooth than French Paper Co. Muscletone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.