Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Aya
    Participant
    @thedarkstamper
    13 years, 7 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble finding the right language for my query…I am hoping one of you might be better versed in the legalities surrounding software fonts, or can help point me to the resources that I am looking for.

I am trying to figure out whether or not it is illegal to use fonts found in software programs on letterpress items that I sell. For instance, if I use Microsoft Word to create an invitation with the Calibri font, and then I sell 100 of those invitations, am I breaking a law?

Thanks in advance!

-The Dark Stamper

Jen Starshaped
    Participant
    @jenstarshaped
    13 years, 6 months ago

You might be able to find some help at http://www.myfonts.com, as they do have info about licensing, etc., as well as a community you could approach. I’m not sure if they’ll have info straight out, but you could probably track down the main folks and see if they can help you.Kudos to you for thinking about this issue!Jen

Kristina Hopkins
    Participant
    @kristinahopkins
    13 years, 6 months ago

this might go without saying, but be sure to check with the individual font foundries…not all are the same. i’m not sure if microsoft’s website will have further information about calibri specifically, but i know the ‘font czar’ at my day job has an entire binder of all the different foundries and their licensing…good luck in your search! 🙂

Aya
    Participant
    @thedarkstamper
    13 years, 6 months ago

Thanks everyone for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.