Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Melissa Gruntkosky
    Participant
    @melissagruntkosky
    8 years, 1 month ago

Hey folks, this will go up on Briar soon as well. Just waiting for it to be approved.

Unfortunately due to career shifts and other life changes I made the difficult choice to sell the contents of my entire letterpress studio, once run as a full-time stationery business. The presses are on the first floor of an artist?s studio building, just a half hour north of Boston, MA. The studio is next to a freight entrance that is at street level. These are pick up only.

The C&P is a 10 x 15 made in 1930 and is motorized. It?s affectionately known as The Beast. The adjustable speed motor is an older one but worked well for me over the last 4 years and I added a custom lever to adjust the speed from the front. The brake pad was recently replaced. All three rollers were recored with black rubber in the last few years and there are new metal trucks. The press was previously in another busy letterpress stationery studio before mine, so this press is a workhorse and should do well with frequent use. I can connect you with an excellent rigger who can help you move the press. Asking price $1600.

The Pearl is an Improved #11 with a foot treadle and 7 x11 chase from 1909 and was fully restored by John Falstrom about 5 years ago. He did a stunning job, btw. I absolutely love this press! It?s difficult to part with but there is no place for me to safely store it right now. I used this press to teach workshops in my studio so it is a great first press to learn how to print on. The press is about 500 pounds so you should be able to move it without hiring a rigger. Asking price is $1995.

The Kelsey 5 x 8 is in decent condition but the rollers should probably be recored and a few parts could use a little work or tweaking. The press is currently attached to a cabinet and I?m happy to throw that in as well. Asking price is $500.

The guillotine is a smaller size floor model, with a 23 inch blade, and from the late 1800?s/early 1900?s. It?s in stunning condition, a nice teal color, and comes with an extra blade. Both blades were recently sharpened. Asking price $450.

I also have Boxcar bases that fit into the chases of all 3 presses, as well as other letterpress supplies like furniture, leads, and inks, (sorry very little in the way of type, just a couple fonts, I mostly printed polymer), as well as envelopes, paper, and product packaging supplies. I am happy to send you a link to the list if interested. I am able to ship most of the supplies and happy to accept Paypal or credit cards.

Email me: mgruntkosky@gmail.com with specifics if you are interested.

Melissa Gruntkosky
    Participant
    @melissagruntkosky
    8 years ago

Latest update: The presses and guillotine are sold.

Other items still available:

? 9 x 12 deep relief Boxcar base (10 x 15 chase)
    ? 20 x 30 inch marble setting stone
    ? High speed quoins and key, 22, 18, and 11 inches
    ? 14.5 x 11 formica setting stone
    ? Tray of various sized leads (as sold by Letterpress Things)
    ? Manual Paper Scoring Machine like this one:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00523272O/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_30954…
    ? A2 Waste Not envelopes in mint, beet, and papaya
    ? French Paper 100# cover in: Poptone Sno Cone, Construction Factory Green, Construction Safety Orange,
    ? Savory Natural 319 GSM/118# Cover, cut to 8 x 10 inches?5 reems of 100
    ? Savory Natural 319 GSM/118# Cover, cut to 8.5 x 5.5 inches (for A2 cards) ? 7 reems of 100

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.