Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • MK
    Participant
    @avinshardware
    3 years ago

I’m a newbie with an inherited Kelsey Excelsior model N that I’d like to put to use! I also have a generous partner who’d like to have it refurbished for me as a gift, since starting from zero with both printing and press repair seems like a stretch. Thus, I’m looking to hire someone who’d enjoy bringing this little machine back into working order for a would-be hobbyist. I’m hoping not to have to crate and ship it, so I’m willing to drive a good ways to get it into gentle inky hands. I’m in Columbus, Ohio.

More about the press: To my novice eye, it’s in fair shape considering its years spent in garages, basements, and barns. I see a bit of rust and a lot of grime. Missing rollers, trucks, and one short chase screw, but everything else I know to look for is there (i.e., ink plate, chase, bed, grippers, gripper bar, springs, hooks, chase irons). Almost everything that is supposed to turn or move does (exception: gripper bar). A few things are bent (roller hooks, one gripper).

Does anyone here have a tip on who might be up for something like this? Thanks in advance!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.