Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kelly – Paper Stories
    Participant
    @kelly-paperstories
    13 years, 10 months ago

I posted this a while ago and then my current mate was able to stay a little longer but now she is gone so here is the info…

I have a GORGEOUS 1000 sq ft studio space that I would love to share with someone(s) -printer, artist, designer etc. Sadly my last studiomate had to move outand the space is just too big for one. Recently we had a press area, asmall table area (where we actually teach classes too), a store room inthe back and a private restroom. Actually we had half the space as aretail shop/ client meeting area but that can easily be changed intomore studio space, a bigger classroom etc. The possibilities areendless! A gallery perhaps, a big classroom, or even a place to havedance parties? Just kidding?. hmmm, it?s a thought though!

The space has two walls of huge floor to ceiling windows that let in lots of natural light. It is a very relaxing place to work.

As for the specifics?
    the space is located in Grayslake, ILin a small section of shops/studios in part of a conservation communitycalled Prairie Crossing. Lots of parks, prairies, a lake etc to take inas well. Makes for a nice lunch break. I currently live near O?Hare andit takes me about 35 minutes to get to the space. The space is actuallyin the SE part of Grayslake right onthe Libertyville border. Also there are two separate train lines thatstop literally across the street. One line goes straight south toO?Hare through several N.W. burbs and the other actually goes down intothe city via the lakeshore communities. It is about an hour train ridefrom the city.

I have my C&P press and while it would be great to find someone with a Vandercook to help round out our printing options, I would behappy finding any sort of crafty, artsy, type who appreciateshandcrafted things, needs a space to spread out and work or design, andlikes a collaborative environment. In addition to printing I make smalllimited edition book projects. My background is in photography andteaching and I like dipping my fingers into all sorts of artsy things.

I run a letterpress company and print custom wedding invitations, business cards, art prints etc, but also produce a line of greetingcards that sell in stores nationwide. So in addition to an awesomespace I also have knowledge that someone might find helpful if theywere just starting out in a similar field. You can view my website toget a better idea. Or perhaps you have something you can teach me!  I love to learn new things.

You can view pictures on my Briar Press ad http://briarpress.org/19899

The photographs are not very good as they were taken with my iPhone and also have a lot of boxes and things sitting out prior to mystudiomates move. It is a space you just have to see in person!

The rent would be $500 plus electric which averages $30-90 per person depending on the season, usage etc. If I found 2 people to sharewith then the rent would go down to $340 and $20-60 pp for electric.Not too shabby for such an amazing space with plenty of options.

Feel free to email me at info@paperstories.com if interested.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.