Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Nina Interlandi Bell
    Participant
    @ninainterlandibell
    13 years, 1 month ago

Hi all,

I am concurrently considering leasing a shop and purchasing a Vandercook Univeral III Power Press to go in said shop, and I want to make sure it?s possible to get it inside before I make any purchases! Moving the press out from its current location should be no problem, but I?m concerned about the door of my potential shop. It?s a regular 36? door, and I believe the Vandercook at its widest point is about 39?. I?m not sure if moving it in through the windows would be possible, as I don?t know if they come out or would be any wider than the door with the divider down the middle (picture attached). Does anyone know if it?s possible to remove any of the circled parts from the sides temporarily to get it less than 36? wide??

Thanks for any help!
    Nina

Lars K
    Participant
    @larsk
    13 years ago

Not sure if this is too late, but you might want to contact the Hicks Brothers. We also have a Universal III and they fixed it up and moved it into our shop… they are the moving experts! (415) 575-0933.

Lars.

Nina Interlandi Bell
    Participant
    @ninainterlandibell
    13 years ago

Cool thanks! I’m using Ed Regan Printing Machinery Movers in Indiana who are a lot closer to me, but it’s always nice to have more resources for parts and fixing up presses. I’m going to probably have to do a major clean on my III to get him printing smoothly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.