Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Gregory Jackson Walters
    Participant
    @gregoryjacksonwalters
    5 years, 6 months ago

I have spent weekends this summer doing a casting of 60 point CLOISTER INITIALS on my Monotype Giant Caster. I posted some photos on Flickr:

Cloister Initials

The type was cast in Monotype metal using rare copper Monotype matrices except for the tint block. Unfortunately the tint block matrix was aluminum and has corroded. I rubbed the faces of the tint blocks on emery cloth to get a smooth face. Because the tint blocks are not up to the quality level I’d like, they are not considered in the pricing.

A single font consists of one of each character plus two tint blocks for a total of 28 sorts. I am offering these at $52 plus postage. In the US, these will fit in a small flat rate box which costs $7.20.

If you are doing monogrammed cards, a single font may not be enough. I remember a friend’s mother: Mary Margaret Mannix (MMM). And my sister’s college roommate: Amy Anne Alfano (AAA). So you can get three fonts for $120 ($40 each) plus postage ($13.65 in the USA).

Single or additional sorts are available if you want to augment a font. $2.50 a piece, but cheaper in quantity.

I prefer a check in the mail for payment, though I can also accept Paypal. My mailing address is:

Gregory Walters
    1308 Clark Avenue
    Piqua, Ohio 45356

Reply to me to reserve your font at:
    desoto1956@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Gregory Walters

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.