Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    14 years, 1 month ago

Hi Ladies- I got my Press, a Golding Pearl, about 2 weeks ago.  I have collected everything on my list and now have everything I need to make my first impression.  

Sooo…I decide to make a business/calling card for my dh.  The first thing I reallized is that Gutenberg did not meet Bill Gates.  There are no @ signs.  
    So if you want to use individual metal type how do you get around this — is there a trick?
    I was considering that the first time I send off for photopolymer type I could do a few @ of different sizes and mount them on metal spacers.  Any other ideas?

Caren Florance
    Participant
    @carenflorance
    14 years, 1 month ago

I have just bought some @ and © symbols from M&H Typesetters; they have a special set of different sized symbols as a single purchase. They’re keeping up with the times!

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    14 years ago

Perhaps one of the working foundries has a solution for this dilemma. I’m sure we could all use some @@’s.

Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    14 years ago

I ended up ordering mine from Skyline Type Foundry. Hopefully I’ll get them soon!!

Kathryn Hunter
    Participant
    @kathrynhunter
    14 years ago

I got a box with assorted sizes from M&H as well, about 6 years ago. Then I found a misc box that came with my type that had old ones inside. So they did make them, in fact they are on my California case “map”. But none were found in any of my type drawers years ago when I actually looked through all of them. 😉

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    14 years ago

Follow this link and scroll down to the lower half of the web page:http://www.arionpress.com/mandh/starter-set-fonts.html#handyYou can order them here and pay with Paypal. Alternatively, you can phone meto place an order. Please let me know if you have any other questions.Thanks,Kenny–M & H TYPEMackenzie & HarrisTypefounders and Typographers, since 19151802 Hays Street, San Francisco, California 94129tel: 415-668-2546fax: 415-668-2550e-mail: mandhtype@arionpress.comweb-site: http://www.arionpress.com/mandhI also saw some for sale on ebay the item number is 250539684424

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.