Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Tiffany Smith
    Participant
    @tiffanysmith
    10 years ago

As soon as we committed to selling this press, we had no idea it would be a roller coaster ride. Here we are, a few months later after many crazy disappointments and strange twists and turns, and this Pilot is still in my workshop. I’d like to make some room for bookbinding equipment, so I’m re-listing this here, again, in the hopes of finally selling it. Please? Call it spring cleaning of the workshop, if you will.

It’s our second Pilot, and while I always thought we’d make use of it, we make much more use of one Pilot and our Showcard. This press needs a good home and I know there’s one out there!

It is in awesome condition; we have cleaned it and even printed with it in our small studio. No, we did not paint it. Someone else long before us thought that was a good idea. 

This press is for sale AS IS. It does still need some basic maintenance, a bit of elbow grease, and a more cleaning, but is otherwise ready-to-print. The left roller saddle arm has a repaired crack, but it can either be braised by Tom at T&T Restoration (for $80+shipping) or I may have committed to buying a replacement part already (waiting to hear back and I will update this posting once I get that email reply). The platen bolts are painted over and need a bit of cleaning before you can adjust the platen. Other than that, we have printed with this press several times and it works great.

It does not come with rollers or a Boxcar Deep Relief base, but it does come with a chase, gripper bars (see photo; I removed them for cleaning), and the feed board arms (we removed the feed board because it was really old and kind of gross). 

I’m happy to help you load and transport this item by meeting you anywhere within 4 hours of Charlottesville, Virginia. I will not ship, however.

Asking $1,500, but please feel free to negotiate so our little cast iron friend can get some lovin’.

Tiffany Smith
    Participant
    @tiffanysmith
    10 years ago

Really hoping to get this lovely press out of our basement and of use to someone. Again, definitely a bit more open on the price. Let me know if you’re looking for a Pilot. Perhaps my caveats make things sound worse than they are …? 

impressus
    Participant
    @impressus
    10 years ago

Hi Tiffany,

I’m definitely interested. I sent you a friend request so that we could chat about this via email. Hope to hear from you soon!

Karolina

Tiffany Smith
    Participant
    @tiffanysmith
    9 years, 11 months ago

Still available! Get this adorable thing out of my studio!

Mackenzie Allred
    Participant
    @mackenzieallred2
    9 years, 9 months ago

Is this still available?

Tiffany Smith
    Participant
    @tiffanysmith
    9 years, 9 months ago

Sold! (As of today.) Thanks for asking! I’ll delete this thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.