Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Barbara Jean Yaple
    Participant
    @barbarajeanyaple
    10 years ago

Hello, Ladies,

Well, do I have news! (Not a question—yes, I *do* have news!) In two weeks I will take delivery of a 1st Model C&P 10×15 with a Kluge feeder (My favorite feeder ever, and SO much nicer than hand-pegging sheets!) Shortly behind that will be a nice Ludlow with four cabinets of mats in size from 10pt to 96pt!

The hunt for a V-36 continues, as does the hunt for a Model 14 Linotype, but I know they are out there, waiting patiently.

The main issue is one of space. What was my printshop in years past is mostly full of motorcycles of various elderly vintage, and I will be moving lots of things around to make the necessary space, beginning this very afternoon.

I’m SO excited to be getting back into letterpress, and I wanted to share the joy, frustration, ever-arching expense and sheer boundless delight with people who will understand. More to follow as reality replaces day-dreams.

Blissfully,

Barb

Tiffany Smith
    Participant
    @tiffanysmith
    9 years, 12 months ago

Wow! A Ludlow! I have never seen one in person, only on Youtube. How exciting!

Jessica C. White
    Participant
    @jessicacwhite
    9 years, 11 months ago

The last time I visited Crayton -Heritage Letterpress, they had a Linotype, possibly two, that needed a new home. Not sure what model it is, but you might want to get in touch – http://heritageletterpress.com/. Space is definitely the issue! If I had the space, it would have come home with me in a heartbeat.

Barbara Jean Yaple
    Participant
    @barbarajeanyaple
    9 years, 11 months ago

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for responding. I’ve got two Ludlow composing sticks coming from eBay; however, sadly, heritage press is a continent away. A few years ago I rode a motorcycle from home (65 miles north of Seattle) to N. Carolina–it’s a huge Country, and I just can’t imagine how I would get a Lino all the way out here. Shipping would be prohibitive, as would driving. Wouldn’t it be lovely to have an interconnecting web of letterpress people who could move equipment by stages from Point “A” to Point “B”? Or perhaps there is a business to be made out of making loops of the Country, picking up and dropping off equipment? Hmmm…..food for thought. Anyway, thanks again for responding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.