Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Jess Out West
    Participant
    @jessoutwest
    12 years, 7 months ago

I am the (smile) proud new owner of a 1929 C&P 10×15.

I need to get rollers. I have the 3 rods and they are a little rough looking, but could probably be cleaned. I don’t think I need to buy new rods.

Here is my question: Experience? Recommendations? I am working on a tight budget and would love to hear that there is a pretty reasonable solution where either I can clean my rods or send them out for cleaning.

And best places to purchase the rollers? I do want to get all 3 done. I am on the west coast for shipping purposes.

Thank you for helping me and my old girl get up and running!

Jessica

Teresa Tonai
    Participant
    @teresatonai
    12 years, 7 months ago

Hi Jessica,

Congratulations. You have the press I am looking for. I have a Vandy 4 and some Pilots. I would suggest you go to NA Graphics. They will help you with any questions and that is where my rollers are from. I would advise speaking to them before you order. http://order.nagraph.com/rollers-trucks-cores.html

Good luck and happy printing!

Teresa

Jess Out West
    Participant
    @jessoutwest
    12 years, 7 months ago

Thanks for the quick response! I will get in touch with them. I learned on a Vandy (swoon) and am starting from scratch on my C&P.

Teresa Tonai
    Participant
    @teresatonai
    12 years, 7 months ago

I learned on a pilot and I love my pilots, but I need a larger press for production.

If you want email me and we can talk LP. I am in SoCal. I took a little press break, but need to go back.

Jess Out West
    Participant
    @jessoutwest
    12 years, 7 months ago

That would be great! I am in NorCal – newly relocated to the SF Peninsula. I have hopes of becoming proficient on my C&P to the point that I could eventually consider being a jobber. In the meantime, I am looking to make an advanced hobby out of it.

Judith Berliner
    Participant
    @judithberliner
    12 years, 7 months ago

I would recommend Graphic Roller in Glendora, californiaGraphic Roller Co.740 E Route 66 , Glendora , CA 91740 | 626-335-5004They can also recommend if the old cores will save you $$$. Sometimes new cores would be better and there are most likely specifications for what the factory originally used. Best of luck to you and your new pressEmailFollow this listing Send to Phone Print

Jess Out West
    Participant
    @jessoutwest
    12 years, 7 months ago

Thanks Judith! Good info – all of it. I appreciate the guidance!

Chuck Wendel
    Participant
    @chuckwendel
    12 years, 7 months ago

Go to siroller.com.  They make good rollers.  I’ve been using them, and almost all the rollers in Printers’ Hall are SI.  They’ll be as reasonable as anyone on high quality rubber rollers.  We certainly do not recommend using composition rollers.  They are hygroscopic, and do not last nearly as long.  That’s great if you’re a purist,  but the cost of rollers forces me to be pragmatic.  Having the old cores will save you a lot.  You’ll just send them in to SI.  If they are old and don’t have center holes in the ends, it’ll be slightly more because the rollers are ground after being cast.  Hope this helps.

Chuck Wendel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.