Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kylie
    Participant
    @kylie
    7 years, 7 months ago

Hi everyone!

I am fairly new here, so first off I’d like to introduce myself. I am currently a senior in the Visual Communication Design program pursuing my BFA at Northern Kentucky University. I have always had an appreciation for hand done printing. About a year ago I really started developing an interest in letterpress. I printed my very first project for a school project spring of this year. I’ve been hooked ever since. This summer I was an intern at Pistachio Press with Rachael and I am now her assistant! In my free time I really enjoy photography, hiking, traveling, cooking, and anything homemade.

Like I mentioned I am in my senior year of design school. This is my final semester and it will be spent completing my senior capstone project. NKU has very little funding for the visual arts program. So all of our expenses for our project and our senior exhibition comes straight out of our pockets. I will, of course, be using my newly found letterpress skills for this project, so I figured you all may be able to help me out with this. I was curious if anyone knew about any scholarships, funding, or ideas for how I can bring in a little bit of money to help me pay for these expenses.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.