Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Lindsey Case Coleman
    Participant
    @lindseycasecoleman
    12 years, 11 months ago

hello all!

I need some serious advice on finding a missing part for my C&P New Style 10X15.  I am missing the double saddle that holds the rollers in place just on the left side.  Not only is the saddle missing, the rod and spring are missing too.  I’ve emailed just about every resource I can find online to no avail.  I think I will have to get one made, but I have no idea how to explain to a machinist what I need.  I have the saddle for the right side, but I know that the saddle on the left is different.

Does is just mirror the saddle on the right?  Is the only difference between it and the one on the right the lifting pin?  Seriously any kind of advice is welcomed.  I feel I’ve reached a dead end here. 

thank you thank you!

Lindsey

Racing Snail Press

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    12 years, 11 months ago

http://www.briarpress.org/25643#comment-26119

Lindsey,

Here is a link that will help answer some of your questions.

Lindsey Case Coleman
    Participant
    @lindseycasecoleman
    12 years, 11 months ago

thanks Camille!  the post on briar press is me too.  I really have been asking all over the place.  You’re a good researcher!

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    12 years, 11 months ago

Haha, I wondered if that was you. I am probably going to part out a 10×15 OS C&P this summer. I’m fairly sure that most parts on the OS and the NS will interchange. Here is one picture of the left side saddle. Please contact me directly to discuss this further if you wish.

ramon Ortiz
    Participant
    @ramonortiz
    12 years, 11 months ago

both are the same, take the right one and show to the machinist…….and tell him that you need the left one..

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    12 years, 11 months ago

The right one on my press (standing in the operator’s position) has a little handle on it so you can push the whole saddle up to insert the other end of the roller–the left one doesn’t.

Lindsey Case Coleman
    Participant
    @lindseycasecoleman
    12 years, 11 months ago

some of the guys over at Briar Press think I should be able to use a right-sided saddle on the left as long as I have the pin facing outward.  I’m going to buy a saddle I found in hopes it’s the right size.  Thank you everyone for your help!

Lindsey

Janet Signorello
    Participant
    @janetsignorello
    12 years, 11 months ago

Dave Churchman has all sorts of parts. Email him a photo @ churchmans@comcast.net.

Good Luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.