katie platteParticipant@katieplatte4 months, 1 week ago
Book Arts in Venice
June 7 – 17, 2019
Enrollment Limit: 8 participants
Program led by KBAC Executive Director Jeff Abshear
Join us on this trip to Venice, Italy, where we will explore the region’s rich history in book arts, visit museums and libraries, and work in professional studios to create individual prints and a collaborative book. The program welcomes all levels of experience, with introductory instruction in the studio.
• Work in the studio of the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica in Venice to printed images.
• Tour the library of the Fondazione Giorgio Cini to see a collection of early Venetian printed books.
• Visit the Museo Nazionale Collezione Salce, a museum that specializes in printed lithographic posters.
• Explore the 58th International Venice Art Biennale, the oldest international contemporary art fair. The title for this year’s Biennale is May You Live in Interesting Times.
• Print a letterpress book at Tipoteca Italiana Fondazione, located in the town of Cornuda, at the foothills of the Dolomite Mountains.
Participants will stay in shared apartments, a restored 16th century villa, and hotel accommodations. All travel will be via public transport including trains, boats, and buses.
The program fee of $3,500 includes all workshops and art materials, 10 nights of accommodations (with the bonus of breakfasts in Cornuda), affiliated ground transportation (trains, waterbuses in Venice, airport shuttle), museum entrance fees (including Biennale), and final celebration dinner.
* Price based on double-occupancy (shared room). Single-occupancy requires an additional charge.
Participants will be responsible for covering the cost of round-trip transportation from your home to Venice, meals not listed above, personal expenses, and travel insurance.
Reservations, Fee Schedule, and Cancellation Policy
$500 deposit is required by March 1 to reserve a place on the trip. Deposits can be paid by mail, over the phone, or on our website: http://www.kalbookarts.org/Venice2019
Once the program is confirmed, final payment of $3,000 will be due by April 15.
No refunds will be given to participants after they have registered (for deposits or final payments). In the event of KBAC cancellation participants will receive a full refund.
Note: Participation in this trip requires some physical demands, including navigating the streets and bridges of Venice on foot, hopping on and off boats, and a 20-minute daily walk (with one steep hill!) between Villa Bolzonello and Tipoteca in Cornuda.
The itinerary is subject to minor changes.
Log in to reply
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.