Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Jane hancock papers
    Participant
    @janehancockpapers
    14 years, 2 months ago

So I just realized that I’m out of tympan paper.  I have finally used all 10 sheets that my press came with when I purchased, so I start looking for more and I can’t believe that the only sell it in large quantities of like 100 sheets. So Because I’m a cheap and also because I reuse sheets of tympan paper several times before I get a new sheet out I’m curious if anyone else with the same size press would be interested in going in on an order with me.  Or if anyone knows of someone that sells it in smaller quantities than NA Graphics

—-
    Rajshel
    Jane hancock papers

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    14 years, 1 month ago

Hey there! In a pinch, you can use tyvek (like priority mail envelopes from the post office) . . .

cleanwash letterpress
    Participant
    @cleanwashletterpress
    14 years, 1 month ago

You don’t necessarily need to used oiled tympan paper… I use a lot of brown paper as well as mylar bought in rolls. It works just fine and is much cheaper!

Jane hancock papers
    Participant
    @janehancockpapers
    14 years, 1 month ago

what type of mylar do you use? I’m open to something different just want it to fit nicely on the press

visualchemist
    Participant
    @visualchemist
    14 years, 1 month ago

It’s not exactly what they teach in letterpress school, but I like to use graph paper. It provides horizontal and vertical lines that are so helpful when I’m registering. I have tympan paper laying around, but graph paper (with proper packing) seems to works well for me. I use a nice clean sheet every time. It’s very inexpensive and it goes into the recycle bin when I’m done with each job.I’m actually curious about using Mylar. Graph paper works, so I haven’t picked any up yet.

cleanwash letterpress
    Participant
    @cleanwashletterpress

Kathryn Hunter
    Participant
    @kathrynhunter
    14 years, 1 month ago

NA Graphics carries a bunch of tympan paper, try them at http://order.nagraph.com/tympan-press-packing.html.

larry brown
    Participant
    @larrybrown
    12 years, 1 month ago

what size sheets do you need, i have a large roll of tympan paper. i can sell you some.

Larry 

Kirsty Armstrong
    Participant
    @kirstyarmstrong
    12 years ago

I’m a total newbie but I use butcher paper. At the grocery store I just ask for a couple meters and they are happy to give it to me… for free. And it’s the perfect width!

Ken Porath
    Participant
    @kenporath
    10 years, 11 months ago

Hi Rajshel

If you are still in need of Tympan Paper, I have a large roll, 18″ wide that I am selling very cheap. It comes with the paper holder/cutter. I have photographs to view.

Ken

kaporath@shaw.ca

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.