Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • allison bozeman
    Participant
    @allisonbozeman
    11 years, 11 months ago

Hello wood type lovers of letterpress!

Has anyone heard from Bill Jones of Virgin Wood Type in a while? I ordered some wood type a while back and I haven’t been able to get a hold of him. I sure hope he is okay out there in New York!

Just curious and hopeful I can get my Aldine Expanded for this workshop coming up 😉

Thx!

allison

Heirloom Press
    Participant
    @heirloompress
    11 years, 11 months ago

Hello Allison,I’ve been in touch this weekend, as I’m in the same boat (waiting on type since january). He is in the hospital at the moment. Hope he recovers quickly.Melanie

allison bozeman
    Participant
    @allisonbozeman
    11 years, 11 months ago

I finally got in touch with his wife, she is really sweet. I hope he recovers quickly as well. Sounds like she has a positive outlook and is hopeful. 

Armina Ghazaryan
    Participant
    @arminaghazaryan
    11 years, 11 months ago

Hello all,

yesterday I saw the following message on the Virgin Wood Type website explaining the delays:

http://virginwoodtype.com/blog/posts/suspending-operations

I hope he will get better!

kind regards

Armina

http://typeandpress.formapparatus.com/

allison bozeman
    Participant
    @allisonbozeman
    11 years, 11 months ago

I saw that too. We are all rooting for him for sure!! 

Bill Jones
    Participant
    @billjones
    11 years, 10 months ago

Hi Allison (and everyone else)

I have been home from the hospital for a couple of weeks now. I am a bit tired so I am taking naps whenever I can.

The brain surgery was incredibly successful. I have a new haircut which is about 1/2″ long right now. Aside from that I can talk, walk, and think normally, and I have been making type. I have completed 6 or 7 fonts so I am catching up. If I can get in 2 more weeks before the next surgery, I will be back to where I want to be. I should know more on Tuesday about what is coming up.

I am truly sorry and more than a little embarrassed about taking so long with orders. I wasn’t functioning very well for the last 2 months and my productivity was way down.

So the good news is that I am OK for now. If things go well for the next phase of treatment, I should only be out of commission for a couple of weeks. Going forward, cancer treatments are usually quite grim, but I have been encouraged by what the doctors have been telling me.

I will put a new article on my website once I have a feeling for what comes next. With any luck I will be back to making type full time before summer is over.

If anyone has an order that I have not filled, please send me a message at billjones@mac.com or bill@virginwoodtype.com.

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and encouragement.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.