Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 2 months ago

This is a very fun exercise that everyone can benefit from. 

If you missed this post, check it out…

http://www.briarpress.org/24735

How well do you see color? Online hue test.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77&Lang=en

After you take this eye candy test, please post your number and/or colors that are troublesome. It would be fly, if you could try this test on two different computers and then post results. I was a 27, blue hues didn’t work out too well for me…(pressed for time, sleep, needy children, snow (again….duh…Minnesota)  I’m looking forward to a re-match with my computer…..survey says??

Christine Mahorney
    Participant
    @christinemahorney
    13 years, 2 months ago

I’m new to Ladies of Letterpress, so I hesitate, but this was an interesting (if blinding) exercise. I scored a zero – perfect color acuity. Very much appreciated the original post – thanks for sharing it. I’ve been just sort of eye balling and guessing when mixing inks, so it was good to have it validated that there’s not a precise science for letterpress like there is offset.

Ren Vasiliev
    Participant
    @renvasiliev
    13 years, 2 months ago

I got a 19. I’m not very good in the greens and blues on the monitor. I wonder how we would do with printed color chips? And thanks for the link to ink mixing. It is a good answer to a discussion question I had posted last week (?) (time flies).

Kseniya Thomas
    Keymaster
    @kseniya
    13 years, 2 months ago

That’s amazing, Christine! I got a 15–maybe I should hire you as my dead-eye ink mixer!

Christine Mahorney
    Participant
    @christinemahorney
    13 years, 2 months ago

Ha! My husband thought it was pretty amazing, too…he doesn’t think I’m very good with color. If anyone ever has any other suggestions for color mixing, I’m all ears! Still learning…

ondine vierra
    Participant
    @ondinevierra
    13 years, 1 month ago

I scored a 12, I also had trouble with the green/blue hues.

Samantha Urbanick
    Participant
    @samanthaurbanick
    13 years, 1 month ago

Well I think I nearly went blind finishing this, but I got a 4! Those blues were tough, that’s where I had the most difficulty.Really interesting test. Thanks for posting!

Ash Flinn
    Participant
    @ashleyflinn
    13 years, 1 month ago

I got a 4 too, my 4 misses were in the indigo area. I’m going to try again when I get home on my nice big iMac and see if monitor quality makes a difference (the one at the school where I work is crappy :D)

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 1 month ago

Are there any Laddies of Letterpress that want to try this and chime in? It would be interesting to see if there is a difference between the Ladies and Laddies. I’m going to venture a guess that the reds are harder for the gentlemen.

Sandra Youngblood
    Participant
    @sandrayoungblood
    13 years, 1 month ago

What a great find!  Thanks for sharing.  (I got a 3!)  Now I want to try it on my iPad.  Blues are tough!

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    12 years, 10 months ago

I  would like more comments on this color test.The link still works as of JUNE 30. 2011

You don’t need to post your results. But, please, try this 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.