Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Samantha Urbanick
    Participant
    @samanthaurbanick
    13 years, 1 month ago

Hi Ladies!

I’m picking up my very first press on Saturday, a C&P Pilot. It’s a tabletop, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how I should mount it, or really, what I should mount it to. It seems like all of the pictures I’ve seen of them have been bolted to a small table of some kind. Anyone have a tabletop press that they can share some advice about?

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 1 month ago

Here is a picture of the original base that goes with a Pilot. It is made of steel. It has slots for chases, in the drawer there is a place to store the rollers, and shelves for your tools, ink, etc.  The press bolts to the top.

Samantha Urbanick
    Participant
    @samanthaurbanick
    13 years, 1 month ago

Oh, great! Thank you! Any idea where I could find one? Or what search terms I would use to look for one online? As in, does it have a specific name?

Thanks again!

Samantha

Sandra Youngblood
    Participant
    @sandrayoungblood
    13 years ago

Samantha,

I’m following this thread since my first C&P Pilot should be arriving any day.  Hope you don’t mind my lurking!

Sandra

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years ago

Sandra,

Please post pictures of your C & P Pilot when it arrives. I’m sure it will be a dandy.

Samantha Urbanick
    Participant
    @samanthaurbanick
    13 years ago

Sandra,

Haha, I don’t have any problem with the lurking. And I only got my press last month, so I’m still learning. Send me a message if you have any questions about being a new Pilot owner. (Pictures of mine -unmounted- are on my page)

Also, I ended up mounting my press on a sturdy old table I found in my parents basement. Put some extra 2x4s on the side to brace it further and it works great. (And it was free!)

As long as you get something sturdy with bracing between the legs you should be alright. And the ideal height is 23″-25″ tall, this way you wont strain your shoulders working the arm, or be hunched over.

Samantha

Sandra Youngblood
    Participant
    @sandrayoungblood
    13 years ago

Camille,

Thank you so much for the encouragement!  I’ll post pics as soon as it arrives safely!

Best,

Sandra

Sandra Youngblood
    Participant
    @sandrayoungblood
    13 years ago

In a local antique shop we found a very used set of silver metal tables.  (Think grunge-loft-paint splattered-industrial.  I love them, but my husband just doesn’t get it!  Anyway…the Pilot will be mounted on one of the tables.)  My press instructor advised that I get a solid cabinet-grade piece of lumber to place on the table’s metal top and then have the C&P Pilot bolted through both the wood and the metal below.  I’ll post pics as soon as I can get the press upstairs to its (awaiting) wood-topped metal table!   

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.