Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

  • Lori Fields
    11 years, 11 months ago

    Hello Ladies,

    I need to find out what this part is and possibly where I can get a new part. It is part of the wheel that makes it turn. Right now I have some metal there to allow it to function but it is not stable and even pops out at times.


    Picture is attached. The original piece is longer and tapered to fit perfectly.


    Thanks in advance.

    Lori Fields

    Cherie Irwin
    11 years, 10 months ago

    I could be wrong, but isn’t the area where the key goes to hold the flywheel onto the crank shaft.  So, it looks like your flywheel is missing the key/pin. 

    Since they are pretty tough to get off, I don’t know that someone makes and sells that specific part on a regular basis.  But you can contact DeFelice Engineering to see if they can help you out. The guys a DeFelice are experienced machinists who specialize in C & P restorations, among other things.  Their work is just beautiful.  So, if they haven’t scrapped the part from another machine, they might be able to custom make the piece for you. 

    J. David Brewer
    11 years, 10 months ago

    Reply by David Brewer on November ?


    It looks like the key stock that you need……measure it (probably 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch).  Try an electric motor service type of business or a machinist.  It’s not a big deal. You may need to do the tapering/shaping by yourself on a grinder, but it’s a learning experience../…good luck….db

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.