Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Rachael Hetzel
    Participant
    @rachaelhetzel
    14 years, 11 months ago

Hi Ladies. I?m having inking problems with the form rollers on my Vandercook SP-15. My rollers are new from NA Graphics and the durometer is perfect. The problem is that the height of the form rollers change when the press switches between print and trip.The following link to my flickr site illustrates this point, although we had re-adjusted the bearings since taking these photos and now the rollers lift at the end of the bed when they are tripped.http://www.flickr.com/photos/45293278@N00/sets/72157617411356816/Any suggestions are much appreciated!

anemone letterpress
    Participant
    @anemoneletterpress
    14 years, 11 months ago

Hi Rachael,I was having the same problem with the form rollers changing height down the length of the bed. The guy that came out here to fix the problem found that the bearing height was to blame and that they needed to be adjusted. If you have the manual they are parts x-12229 and x-12232. The eccentrics on the outside are what he adjusted. It seemed to be pretty complicated so I would recommend someone coming out to you if you’ve a press mechanic in the area. Unfortunately for me, once he fixed this problem, they form rollers are now changing height between print and trip. It’s inconvenient but I’ve learned to work with it.Hope this is helpful.Carrie

Rachael Hetzel
    Participant
    @rachaelhetzel
    14 years, 1 month ago

Update…I finally had someone come out to look at the problem. He adjusted the bearings (exactly the same as we had done). The form roller height continued to change between print and trip, but the mechanic said there was no mechanical reason for this. So he lubricated the bolts at the pins/bolts at the end of the form rollers and it fixed the problem! The press works great now and there is not a single issue with form roller movement!

J. Elizabeth
    Participant
    @jelizabeth
    14 years, 1 month ago

Ah! How often I sing the praises of a good lube job! Oil your presses regularly to avoid a multitude of annoying issues. Glad it was such a simple thing that fixed your roller height problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.