Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Julie Schmidt
    Participant
    @julieschmidt
    12 years, 10 months ago

I’m working with a client on a new identity and we would love to find a great vendor to produce a stamp that he can use for wax seals. I’m not sure even how to start on this one and I thought someone might have some experience with it?

Any tips or resources would be helpful.

Thanks!

Colleen Ellse
    Participant
    @colleenellse
    12 years, 10 months ago

I know the metal stamps hold the image better, but you can actually use a regular rubber stamp for wax seals as well.  Just leave it on the wax longer and gently try to take it off… if it’s not ready to come off, leave it till it does come off easily.  It could be a more affordable option than making a metal stamp.  I’ve made a few custom rubber stamps online for around $30. 

I know Paper Source sells the wax, although I’m sure you could find a better vendor (more colors, cheaper) online.

Hope any of this helps!

Julie Schmidt
    Participant
    @julieschmidt
    12 years, 10 months ago

Colleen,

Thanks so much– this is a great idea. It’s at least worth a try for my client.

I think we’ll give it a shot!

Colleen Ellse
    Participant
    @colleenellse
    12 years, 10 months ago

You’re very welcome!  Hope it goes well!  🙂

ferko x goldinger
    Participant
    @ferkoxgoldinger
    12 years, 10 months ago

Cathy Simon at Global Solutions. SHe was at NSS 2011 as an exhibitor. WHolesale only but she can connect you to a retailer or e-tailer. 800-769-3210 and http://www.globalsolutionsonline.com she has both seals and some sweet domstically-produced waxes that are mailable (unlike the brittle EU ones).

Julie Schmidt
    Participant
    @julieschmidt
    12 years, 9 months ago

Thanks so much– it’s great to have options.

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    12 years, 9 months ago

http://www.customembossers.com/ 

Try this web site

Julie Schmidt
    Participant
    @julieschmidt
    12 years, 9 months ago

Thanks so much. I will check them out. Have you used them before?

John Rocks
    Participant
    @johnrocks
    12 years, 2 months ago

HELLO THERE I’VE GONE THROUGH THE SIGN IN PROCESS JUST TO ANSWER YOUR INQUIRY, IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION PLEASE TRY OUR COMPANY, WE NOT ONLY HAVE A BESPOKE WAX SEAL DESIGNED BY OURSELVES AND MANUFACTURED IN THE UK BY US (NOT A Chinese IMPORT LIKE MOST OTHER SITES), WE THEN OFFER AN ALL INCLUSIVE PERSONAL DESIGN SERVICE CREATING YOUR VERY OWN PERSONALISED DESIGN ENGRAVED IN THE SOLID BRASS STAMP HEAD. NOT STOPPING THERE WE THEN CAN OFFER, IF YOU  DESIRE. TO CREATE WAX IMPRESSIONS FROM SEVERAL TYPES OF WAX FROM TRADITIONAL VERY BRITTLE TO THE FAUX WAX BECOMING QUITE POPULAR EVERYWHERE AND AS MANY COLORS AS THERE ARE IN THE RAINBOW, HAVING MANUFACTURED THE WAX IMPRESSIONS WE THEN ATTACH A DOUBLE SIDED ADHESIVE TAB TO CREATE YOUR VERY OWN PEEL AND STICK WAX IMPRESSIONS. IN FACT APART FROM ATTACHING THEM TO THE DESIRED DOCUMENT OR GOODS THAT YOU INTEND TO USE YOUR SEALS ON WE DO EVERYTHING ELSE.

HOPING THAT THIS IS THE ANSWER YOU WERE LOOKING FOR JOHN

Julie Schmidt
    Participant
    @julieschmidt
    12 years, 2 months ago

Thanks, John. This sounds like exactly what we were thinking.

Can you please send me a link to your website or company? Thanks!

John Rocks
    Participant
    @johnrocks
    12 years, 2 months ago

Oh sorry http://www.customwaxnseals.com/ regards John

Julie Schmidt
    Participant
    @julieschmidt
    12 years, 2 months ago

Thanks!

Meg Morris Ramsey
    Participant
    @megmorrisramsey
    12 years, 2 months ago

You will need to make sure your client understands that he cannot mail the wax seal.  USPS will not  accept exterior wax seals.  However, they will accept the colored hot glue that looks similar to wax.

Julie Schmidt
    Participant
    @julieschmidt
    12 years, 2 months ago

Thanks, Meg. I think we will use it on a piece inside the envelope. I wondered how USPS would (or wouldn’t) handle that.

Bianca Mascorro
    Participant
    @biancamascorro
    12 years, 2 months ago

You may have already figured this out, but USPS just adds $0.20 to the postage since it’s non-machinable with the wax seal.  And the real wax seals will break, so I always use the faux wax with the peel and seal option.  I’ve used the faux seals on the exterior as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.