Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
  • Ren Vasiliev
    Participant
    @renvasiliev
    13 years, 9 months ago

Hi, all.I decided to try Lettra on this project; haven’t used it before, and it seemed good for a two-sided thing. We’ll see how the experiment goes :-)Ren

Karen Dufour
    Participant
    @karendufour
    13 years, 9 months ago

Thanks. I will check with my post office again. I plan on printing a larger run and trying to sell them locally, so I would love to know that they are deliverable. I’ll post again if I find out more this week.

Jessica C. White
    Participant
    @jessicacwhite
    13 years, 9 months ago

I’m using 110lb cover from Mohawk. I haven’t checked it with the post office folks, but I’ve sent (and received) all kinds of paper as postcards, and haven’t had a problem yet, so I think it’s a pretty wide range to work with.But Camille makes a good point – I don’t plan on mailing any of these, just keeping them all for myself 🙂

Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    13 years, 8 months ago

If the postal service will mail a coconut or a beach ball I can’t imagine that they care just how thick a postcard is.As long as the proper postage is atatched I believe they will mail just about anything.So maybe it has to be 16mil to qualify for postcard postage.

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 8 months ago

My local post office said .016 and no larger than 6×4-1/4 to get the post card rate. Karen you may want to print on two different stocks, one for your local sales and one for the swap. Or maybe print on the back extra postage needed.

Karen Dufour
    Participant
    @karendufour
    13 years, 8 months ago

Thank you! I did have that thought of just adding “extra postage required.” After all, who carries around postcard stamps usually? 🙂

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 8 months ago

When I travel, I like to buy postcards. Most tourists shops sell the postcards but no stamps. I wonder if the “forever” stamps might work? Just tossing around ideas.

Karen Dufour
    Participant
    @karendufour
    13 years, 8 months ago

It would be worth asking the post office for sure. If anything I will just say “first class stamp”. Something to think about, ladies, if you live in a tourist-y area to try and sell these, too!

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 8 months ago

Hello Everyone!Greetings from northern Minnesota, a stones throw from the Canadian border. I am on a family vacation where cell phones don’t work, but there is wifi here. I am checking my email in the morning and will send everyone an email when i get back next week. Until then here are some general answers to some questions I have received.Please mail 125 postcards, 4×6, with your autograph and press/studio name on the back, along with $5 to:Camille Robin20664 Lake Ridge DrivePrior Lake, Minnesota 55372I would like you to mail them by Sept. 6 It would be nice if the out of the USA people could get them mailed sooner than the the 6th to allow for the extra days it takes to get here.

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 7 months ago

Hi everyone,I hope you had a great summer. My hard drive fried and I lost everything. I backed up most of my LOL info on hand written “recipe cards”. Several packages have come in……WOW….AMAZING, I will post some pictures later on the LOL website.Here is a list of the participants. Please proof read because the type is set and I really don’t want to have to make changes. I will be printing the colophon Wed.Hope Amico-gutwrenchSandra AnibleJordan Acker Anderson-Studio 455Celene Aubry-moongirl productionsKatrina AndryLori AryAaron ArdellSachkia Barnes-Paper CabaretNina Interlandi Bell-Tweedle PressMegan Berner-Buffalo WallowAmelia BernhardtMandolin Brassaw-Paper Boat StudiosEmmy Bright & Walker Mettling-Night in the Attic of Birds PressStacey V. Brotherton-frenetic pressCarye Bye-Red Bat PressKate Capone-Oh So SuiteJacqueline Carpenter-Mighty Fine PaperRebecca Childers-Seedbed of Irony PressLibbie Chenier-LulabelleDarcie Copper-Pedal Pusher PressAlli Connorton-ollie ollie pressMargot Cudmore-pomegranateletterpressEmily Cummings-Shine Letterpress StudioMarijane Curry-Butterfly Free PressJill Cypher-Lead GraffitiKaren Dufour-Presse DufourLauren Eggleston-Bedford Creek PressKrissy Erkmann-Paper SchmaperKat Feuerstein-Gilah Press+DesignAkemi Nishidera-KOZO StudioKelly O’Brien-TurningPointe PressMeghan Olson-clothes peg pressPamela Olson-particle pressVenessa Osmon-Vermilion Star PressCourtney Phelps-Kissing-Bug PressLesley Peterson-inclosed studioAbby Spangel PerryCrystal Phelps-Pernicious PressJenny and Josh Pierce-F Street LetterpressAmy Pirkle-Perkolater PressRebecca Ann Rakstad-rar rar pressMaggie Reilly-RAM STUDIOCamden Richards & Stephanie Hess-Drop Cap Collective & PressCamden Richards-Liminal Press+BinderyMaggie Roberts-Uncommon EnvelopeCamille Robin-Fish Lake PressLisa Beth Robinson-Somnambulist Tango PressAngela Rodgers-MIRA Design LabEmily Servais-Early MissiveLisa Schaefbauer-Goldfinch PressChristy Schneider-The Petite PressGeorgia Lavada Smith-busted teeth pressSarah Smith-Smith LetterpressJessica Spring-Springtide PressGota Svensson-Tryckkammaren…………………..(the o does have the .. over it but not on my lame computer)Kseniya Thomas-Thomas-PrintersAmy Thompson-Paper Boat StudiosLaura ThomsRen Vasiliev-The Make Things WorkshopOndine Vierra-enframing pressMaria Villar-M PressLorene Voskinarian-Birdcage PressRichard WenrichElana Joy Wetzner-spoon&sailorMarjorie Wilser-Three Toad PressJessica C. White-Heroes & Criminals PressSarah WymerVirginia Green- BlackHare StudioEmily Garcia-cathemeral pressKiala GivehandSue Globensky-The Cranky PressAmelia Grohman-Grohman & DaughtersKerri Harding-Little Ledo PressAndrea Heser-FeatherpressLucy Hewett- LulubelleNancy R. Hill & Beverly R. Wolfe-Hazel and Violet INKKathryn Hunter-Blackbird LetterpressAndrew Hout-Tank Dive PressElaine Ibarrola-BastoGirlsGreetingsCindy Iverson-The Paper StudioElizabeth Johnson-Elle DesignsNancy Jane Johnson-The Birdhouse PressJeryl Jones-PumpkinPatch PressCarrie Kaser-Kaser Studio WorkshopMelanie ouellette KarlinsVictoria Jutras Kniering-Pleiades PressEllen knudson-Crooked Letter PressKathrine Korna-Wild West LetterpressChrystal KostechkaVennessa KreckelMonica Edwards Larson-Sister Black PressTaylor Luke-Marzipan & MarthaLilibeth Lumbreras-Bon Vivant PressAmanda MaciubaMelanie Mauro-Heirloom PressKelly McMahon-May Day StudioSara McNally-Constellation & Co.Ashley McNeill & Shannon Athey-invitingAmanda Mello-Mello PressShelby Montross-Meadowlark CreativeElizabeth Mullaly-Runfurley PressRebecca Mullins-Myrtle Alley PressAnne Muntges-Bird Fish StudioCandance NelRose NewtonJessica Peterson-Paper Souvenir3 emails came back to me:Jacqueline Carpenter, Monica Edwards Larson, Kelly O;Brien,

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 7 months ago

Hello,I have posted a few photo’s of the postcards to wet your appetite. I am still waiting on cards, and hope to have them mailed to everyone by the end of the month.

Jessica C. White
    Participant
    @jessicacwhite
    13 years, 7 months ago

Thanks Camille! I can’t wait to get my set.

Emmy Bright
    Participant
    @emmybright
    13 years, 7 months ago

Where can I see the photos? So excited!

Camille Robin
    Participant
    @camillerobin
    13 years, 7 months ago

Emmy, look on my profile page. Just click on my name, I have put them in an album-LOL Postcard Swap

Darcie
    Participant
    @darcie
    13 years, 5 months ago

What’s the status of this swap? I’m really excited to sit with all these beautiful postcards!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.